Winner of RHS CHELSEA Garden Product of the Year 2019, the HOTBIN Mini is a slimline hot composter designed for smaller gardens and for keen composters who have less waste.
The HOTBIN Mini composting capacity is half the volume of the regular HOTBIN 52 Gal. (200 LT). However, this new unit has the same benefits and comes with all the features of the larger model... on a smaller scale.
Benefits include composting heap steaming at up to 140°F (60°C), you can expect compost in just 30-90 days. There’s no tumbling or forking required and no issues with odor, flies or pests like that of traditional cold composting.
Composting Volume Capacity: 26 Gal.
Weight: 8.9 Lb.
Material: Expanded Polypropylene (EPP), 2 in. thick insulating walls that retains heat
Dimensions: 17” L x 17” W x 44” H
Household Size: Average 1-2 person household with or without a small garden.
Leachate Collection System: HOTBIN Mini features a much-requested leachate collection system. Leachate is naturally created as part of the HOTBIN composting process and can be used as a liquid fertilizer. More on Leachate Collection System.
Like the Mk.2 HOTBIN, HOTBIN Mini has a sloped internal base which funnels the liquid towards the drainage cap like water draining from a shower tray. This liquid can be drained via the cap as required.
What’s included with your HOTBIN?
- Lid thermometer to monitor temperature
- Airtight lid and bio-filter to minimize odors
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Removable front hatch to harvest new compost
The EXTRAS you receive:
- Extra thermometer to track the HOTBIN’s internal temperature
- Raking stick to mix the waste
- Kick Start empty Bottle (to boost the temperature when starting the bin in winter)
- One cam strap (to retain airtight door)
- A “How To” user guide